It's costly to stay current
The cost of maintaining and delivering a mix of desktop, server, and remote PC applications has skyrocketed over the past decade as networks have grown, PC operating systems have rapidly evolved, and the need for remote access has increased. Budgets for hardware upgrades or replacements are expanding out of control. More and more businesses are using application delivery services to achieve a consistent "look and feel" across the enterprise while keeping the cost of maintaining and upgrading applications and workstations to a minimum.
Application delivery services for internal and remote access
Application delivery services, such as Citrix Presentation Server and Microsoft Terminal Services, offer a way to contain the costs of delivering and managing your applications. Presentation Server provides a consistent desktop experience on a minimal hardware platform for both internal and remote users. This permits your business to extend the life of old workstation hardware or purchase "thin-client" technology at lower costs. It also provides excellent load balancing and fail-over services. The Presentation Server management tools enable your staff to deliver more applications with less effort, so your business can reduce management, hardware, and telecommunications costs.
How Citrix and Windows work together
We configure application delivery services starting with a Windows Server and adding extra memory to accommodate multiple people that run each application. Then we install Microsoft Terminal Services to provide remote access from the desktops and any outside computers. Many businesses also elect to add the Citrix Presentation Server software, which provides improved speed, management, and reliability. Finally, on each internal or external workstation, we load client software to communicate with the server. The result: fast, reliable application delivery to a minimal hardware platform using very low bandwidth. When people are out of the office, access is provided via a Java-enabled Web browser so they can easily work from home or from the road.
Comprehensive implementation services
- Consulting with you about your application needs and options
- Analyzing your current PC and operating system environment to determine how application delivery services can extend your current investment
- Determining the application delivery configuration that best meets your business needs
- Acquiring the components and developing a plan for the preparation, installation, and training time needed to make application delivery a success
- Piloting an application delivery solution to verify how your applications will perform
- Implementing the final solution by adding the server and adjusting the workstations to communicate with the new environment
- Training your staff on using the system both locally and remotely
- Providing ongoing updates and adjustments to keep your environment well tuned
What about remote access?
Because application delivery services require minimal bandwidth, your remote users can rely on modest Internet connections with excellent results. Most of the Fortune 500 companies use this technology for their remote locations around the world. Your only ongoing costs are your Internet access charges. The net effect is a powerful Wide Area Network for a fraction of the cost of a dedicated link.
What about security?
Application delivery services have built-in encryption technology to protect the data when you send information packets on the public network. Often we add multilevel authentication technology from RSA to further secure remote data access.
NPI has been building networks and connecting businesses to the Internet and the world since 1988. We are the premier computer networking company in the region, working with all kinds of businesses-from those with single-server networks to those with complex multiserver enterprise environments. NPI is a Citrix partner, and our technicians are certified in Citrix's Presentation Server product, as well as by Microsoft, Check Point, Cisco, RSA, and Juniper, among others. We also have the security expertise to make sure your remote access and internal application services are up to today's highest standards.
- You want to reduce your ongoing purchase and support costs for desktop hardware, operating systems, and applications.
- You have branch offices and/or people working outside the office needing high-speed access to company data.