Designed for performance
The rapid increase of converged traffic streams (voice, data and video), all sharing a single connection, has made bandwidth planning and management more challenging than ever. Each element of your network needs to be properly configured for Quality of Service (QOS) or the traffic streams can struggle for the available resources. Without careful consideration you may find that data flow is interrupted, phone calls are scratchy and video sessions slow to a crawl. Your business needs a proactive approach to managing these important communication streams so your business can benefit from the flexibility that convergence can offer.
Services that complete the puzzle
Building a converged network involves interlacing streams of traffic from the worlds of voice, data and video. NPI helps weave this traffic into an integrated system. Our services start with comprehensive planning for the integration of voice, data and video and continue all the way through to our 24 hour on-call contracts. We work with key management to develop a plan to prepare your network elements for the coming convergence. We identify the elements to be reconfigured and the parts needing an upgrade. We develop a phased plan to get your network ready for the coming demands. We help implement these recommendations with professional services to install and configure devices like firewalls, routers, switches, bandwidth analyzers, content filters and user authentication. We work closely with your phone and video vendor to make sure that all these elements work in concert with your voice and video systems.
Bandwidth shaping – the network traffic referee
Bandwidth shaping allows you to set priorities for the various traffic streams to assure good Quality-of-Service management. NPI starts by using "best practices" to configure firewalls, routers and switches providing the right priority for each packet as it moves throughout your network. We also use the Allot NetEnforcer to provide end-to-end, policy-based quality-of-service (QoS) that includes policy enforcement, management, monitoring and accounting. The end result is a full understanding and control of traffic for guaranteed performance for your business-critical applications. Our "snapshot" service places a NetEnforcer at your office to monitor and help you wrap your arms around the current traffic patterns or a NetEnforcer can be integrated into your network for ongoing traffic shaping.
Wisely using bandwidth through content filtering
Employee Internet Management (EIM) just makes good sense. When multiple services are combined on a single connection, each must be wisely used. NPI works with Websense, Secure Computing and Bluecoat to help make sure that the precious bandwidth is used for important business transactions and doesn't get hyjacked by Spyware or other inappropriate uses. This can improve employee productivity, enhance security and optimize the use of IT resources. These tools provide a powerful analysis of and reporting about internet and desktop application activity so you can be assured that the bandwidth is protected.
- Consulting about your convergent technology needs and options
- Analyzing your current network elements around convergence issues
- Inspecting and reporting traffic patterns
- Installing Bandwidth analyzers, traffic shapers and content filters
- Determining the convergence products and services for your business
- Implementing the final solution and training about the usage
- Remote monitoring and maintenance of your key network elements
- On-call services to quickly deal with any convergent system issues
Convergent products we support
- Cisco routers, switches and VPNs and firewalls
- Allot Netenforcer traffic shaping
- Websense and Secure Computing Employee Internet Management
- Bluecoat proxy servers
- Juniper Netscreen firewalls and VPNs
- RSA for strong authentication
Our areas of expertise
NPI has been providing leading-edge network services since the late 80s. We have been anticipating the needs of businesses, researching the newest products and installing the best-of-class solutions for performance-sensitive businesses in the financial, professional and manufacturing sectors. We've worked with the best of bred convergence products that are available in the market today. We are experienced and certified with the top manufactures such as Cisco, Allot, Websense, RSA and Secure Computing. At NPI, we're committed to convergence as one of our core business areas and we're not a newcomer to the field. Our services are as solid as our track record and we are committed to helping you get the most from your IT investments.
- Your old phone system needs to be replaced and you want to take advantage of new voice technology.
- You are unifying several offices with Voice Over IP and need to design and install a communications system for the new traffic.
- You've installed a new voice system but the quality of the connection is inconsistent.
- Your switches and routers need updating because of your new voice system.