Care and feeding of a reliable network
Even the best-designed computer networks need frequent monitoring, tuning, and upgrading to perform reliably. Hard drives fill up, response times slow down, users need to be added or deleted, viruses invade, and other unanticipated problems occur. Any of these issues can reduce the productivity of your employees. Many companies aren't large enough to require a full-time in-house network administrator to take care of their computer networks. If that's your situation, we offer you the benefit of outsourcing-hiring our experienced network administrators to manage your network and keep everything running smoothly for a fraction of what an in-house professional would cost.
People you can trust
Having an NPI network administrator maintain your system gives you all the benefits of a highly qualified, certified professional with none of the hassles that go along with recruiting, managing, training, and compensating in-house staff. And because our network administrators have been supporting many different office environments for years, they can draw from a wide range of experiences to address any issue that may affect your system.
Services for system administration
- Checking server health indicators such as remaining disk space
- Confirming that your backups are running, are capturing the desired data, and are restorable
- Monitoring your network for capacity and utilization, and notifying you well in advance if more storage capacity-or purging of files is needed
- Individual training of in-house personnel
- Keeping all virus protection programs up to date
- Installing and supporting common business applications
- Monitoring all communication lines
- Checking for switch and router issues
- Installing, configuring, and upgrading workstations
- Documenting network system configuration
- Installing new software licenses
- Reviewing system reports for errors
- Adding and deleting users, printers, and applications
- Installing patches and service packs
- Serving as the point of contact for vendors for all computer concerns
How you will benefit
- No overhead costs for in-house personnel
- No time spent recruiting, training, and managing in-house staff
- A higher level of expertise than you could afford in-house
- Peace of mind knowing that your system is being well taken care of
- No slowdowns or shutdowns due to virus attacks, overutilization, or other performance problems
- Avoidance of the all-too-common heartbreak of finding that your backups weren't working when it is too late to restore your data
- Improved service from NPI for other technical projects because of our detailed knowledge of your network environment
NPI has been designing, installing, and servicing networks since 1988. We are the premier computer networking company in the region, working with all kinds of businesses – from those with single-server networks to those with complex multiserver enterprise environments. Our technicians hold coveted certifications from Microsoft, Novell, Check Point, Cisco, Citrix, RSA, and Juniper, among others. While making emergency service calls every day to businesses with networks that are underpowered, unprotected, or incorrectly configured, we have refined our procedures to anticipate problems, maintaining and monitoring networks for optimal, reliable performance. We are committed to the highest quality service and to developing long-term partnerships with our customers.
- You want to save money by hiring an outside expert who can anticipate, prevent, and respond to issues quickly and cost-effectively.
- There is little time to proactively administer your network ,and problems have occurred that could have been prevented.
- You need regular assistance with network, desktop, and/or application issues, but don't have enough work for a full-time person.